Getting The Kids Ready For Spring and Summer Sports
After a long, cold and snowy winter the sun is beginning to shine again. This means the kids are getting ready for summer vacation from school and are going to need to do some activities before they drive you crazy. This could be anything from baseball to soccer and even swimming and dance, but before you register them for a program lets make sure that they are ready.
To help you get the kids ready for fun and to make sure that they are ready to play, we’ve got some tips to ensure that they have a successful and injury free experience.
- We all want our kids to be the all start on the team and hit the game winning home run or score that goal that wins their team the trophy. As parents however we need to step back and let the coaches be the coaches, this means having a talk with your child to ensure that they can respond to the coach and receive direction from them at practice and during the game.
- Have a quick check-up done at your doctors to ensure that they don’t have any allergies that may come up or if they are experiencing pain from some unknown factor to have it checked out.
- If your child is participating in multiple sports or teams keep an eye on how they feel. They may be getting tired and need to take a break every now and then so that they avoid injuring themselves. Even the pros know to take a break every now and then.
- Make sure to have healthy snacks and water available. Some kids may run to the sports drinks and chocolate bars, but the healthier the snacks are the more of advantage they will have as the proper nutrients are entering their body. Sports drinks are fun but full of ingredients that are’t supportive to their growth and play.
- Encourage preparation in your child. Have your child properly stretch before and after a game and practice, this will prevent them from getting any unwanted injury or muscle strain.
- Be involved in the process. More than buying the best equipment an athlete can have, your child will do as you do, so encourage them to have an active lifestyle by being a positive example. It’s a good excuse for you as well to get that much needed walk or run around the block.
Have you been looking for a chiropractor in Mississauga? Here at Core Optimum Health in Mississauga, we encourage you and your family to have an active lifestyle. To ensure that your kids are ready for spring and summer sports make your appointment with us and we would be happy to provide some more tips and advice to be ready for the winning season.